Live Life

I was going to whine about my supraventricular tachycardia "recurring" then I got confirmation a friend is recovering from cancer and then her young friend in Bahrain just died of a car accident.  And my tarchycardia episode was so short it was almost negligible.  And my cardiac electrophysiologist confirmed that I'm not going to die from it, in fact, I might even grow out of it since I'm still young (I <3 you Dr Teo!).  So shut up, Linda. 

I have been fortunate in life to have had two health issues at different stages in life that have reminded me both to live and enjoy life, so I think I've fared pretty decently so far. 

My friend's spirit and independence reminded me that we must live life.  Not just let time move us along - truly savor it, every pain and pleasure.  Not sweat over the small things - pause, consider them and let them pass if the consequences are, well, inconsequential.

This reminder is so timely because there is much we want to experience, learn, make a difference, enjoy, and see.  If we don't think about what we want to accomplish at work, find out more about what there is to do outside work, make a list and make time to do it, we're going to be doing less than what we can.  I'm not going to be a bull and charge at ticking off the list, but I also don't want us to finish two years and wish we had done something we missed.

When we get down time on the way out, I'll have to take a pen and start pulling out the swirls of thoughts and ideas that have been floating around in my head.  Leon would have tons of thoughts too and it'll be nice to sit down and map out our dreams again, together.

Comments