Making closures

It's Sunday night and the end of another weekend.  Weekends nowadays are packed with catch-ups.  We have only 3 weekends left in Singapore...

On Friday, we headed back to Hwa Chong Junior College where we first met.  There was an alumni gathering for Class of 89, 90 and 91.  Not my turn yet but these are the batches for Leon and my besties.  Scampering up stairs and walking through corridors to get to the school hall for the event was such a familar feeling.  It felt very right even though the JC no longer exists as an entity.  You really can't stop the cliched flashbacks and story recalls that flood the mind every corner you look.  I wasn't ever a top student - straight Bs at best...and I sure had fun in school :o)

On Saturday, a bunch of his colleagues came over to our new place.  It was purportedly a gathering to view fireworks and see our soon-to-be-not-ours condo but in reality, it might well be the last time I see some of them before we fly off.  Although these were his colleagues, because we've known them for so long, I've claimed them as my good friends as well.  They are the nicest, some of the most decent, bunch of people I've ever known and I know I will miss them dearly.  Gaming together online just isn't the same.  Keep your Facebook updated folks! 

Today, Sunday, we finally met with Jat and HQ for brunch with their little ones.  Gosh...I think my approach didn't rub off well on Jat's girl who thought I was laughing at her... never mind, older kids seem to like me better.  I'll meet her again when she's older then.  But HQ's daughter has grown up so much!  I love her dimples and there's an air of confidence and self-assuredness about her that you know she's going to grow up to be an awesome lady.  Jat and HQ are my two favourites from JC band - I'm so glad we got to meet before we leave.

And then there's my favourite nephew (ok...I've only one of my side of the family) Colin darling.  My youngest sis is beginning to think I look forward to Sunday lunch with sisters and parents only because of Colin.  That's so not true of course :oP  Colin's the highlight and sisters are a very very close second.

We can now hardly manouver around our study with the amount of stuff lying around the room.  Leon's just printed and signed his letter of resignation.  Big milestone tomorrow.

Comments