Post Migraine

It's amazing the clarity of the mind after nearly 16 hours of migraine. The pain suddenly lifts off like a waxing strip removed - one moment there, one moment gone.

I'm so glad I'm not alone here in the US. When I was feeling miserable, it was so comforting to have him around fussing over me in spite of the questions that I can't answer (are you better? What caused it? Will sleeping make it better? Etc). I travelled alone frequently for work and it's not unusual to have to take care of myself but you know, it's just a blessing to have hubby with me :o)

So after a nap which scuppered our sunrise hot air ballon photography plans, and two hot bowls of rice porridge, here I am feeling much better. And there I go letting my mind wander again...sisters, nephew, dogs, family, friends, holidays, drawings...too personal to share.

Today, we'll be completing the paperwork on our car purchase. It's a four hour drive to and fro, but we won't get our new car until Monday when it will be delivered to us. The whole experience wasn't very pleasant. As new residents without credit history, we can't take loans and the dealership doesn't want to let us pay via a monthly lease. So we agree to a one-time payment of our 24 month lease agreement so there's no risk of default to them. Then they wanted another $3k deposit. In addition, their credit department still had to call my company to verify my identity. I felt that I had to jump through so many hoops just to buy that car from them. Maybe we should have just bought the Q5/7 from Audi which is closer to us and has no issue giving two year lease to a colleague who bought from them.

Anyway... We'll see...

Comments