The Story of My Beetle Convertible

You might recall that in October, I bought a sweet little 2010 pre-owned New Beetle Convertible.

Well, just two days after I brought it home, the door hinge on the driver's side broke. The dealership i bought it from in Troy was most unhelpful and refused to take the car back. As it was still under the manufacturer's warranty, i sent it to a service center closer to home.

Then because the hinge was not repairable, we began a super long long wait for a replacement door - 2 months and 18 days to date...and the door is still nowhere in sight. Plus, I'm told I am #25 in the queue for a door. No. 25!!!! What's with the doors?! What's with the factory?!

So one month or so back, I went to Volkswagon USA's FaceBook page and sent them a message. A few days past and no response. Then I went back to their Facebook page, saw that the adminstrator was responding to others' post about Beetle love, i did a mini whine about my situation. Shorty after, they responded with a case number for me. Things went uphill from there.

I got the attention of VW USA who followed up closely on my situation with the service center and the dealership it was attached to, Thelen Bay City. When the 2013 Beetle Convertible was launched at the Los Angeles Car show a few weeks back, I made a proposal - how about a discount on the new model and i'll trade in my car that's in their workshop. This way I finally get my dream car, and they sell a car.

VW USA and the dealership Thelen came back with an awesome deal. And today, I recevied a call to go test drive the car. I tried both the basic and turbo version, so did Leon, and we were sold.



GTI Turbo!!! On a little car like the Bug it is AWESOME! I had wanted the 70's edition, and one of the few available would have been reserved for me, but it would have driven similar to the basic version, just wider wheels. The Turbo version also has the Fender sound system, the tan canvas roof i like, and growls like a bad boy when revved. Red is a good look on the bug. My first preference is white with tan roof, followed by caramel with tan roof, then red with tan roof. For the record, the black with tan roof is sweet as well. It looks so classic I almost went for it.

With the purchase of this car, we close this chapter...until 2 years later when the SUV is due to be returned. We'll see what happens then...

Comments

  1. Not exactly 'Herbie' cute, but droolz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the old bugs as well but the modernized features are very nice :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment