Recipe: Daikon Fritter

There're a few dishes of my mum's that I must have when I visit.  Daikon fritters is one of them.  I don't know where this recipe came from - might be her Mum - but that's something I should ask her when I visit in a couple of months' time.


Ingredients:
  • 1 medium daikon (radish), roughly grated, i.e. use the larger holes on your grater.  This should come up to about 2 cups.
  • 3 stalks of green/spring onions.  Cut off the roots and slice thinly.
  • 1 teaspoon of stock powder
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 cup of all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Add all of the above into a bowl and mix together.  You should get a gooey yet not too liquidy paste.  Adjust flour and water as needed to get a consistency like thick oatmeal.
2. Heat a frying pan with about 1/2 inch of oil.
3. Scoot a round spoonful and drop into hot oil. Press down into a patty with the back of your spoon.
4. Fry until golden brown.  I like it served with sweet Thai chili sauce.

Comments